- Secured in May 2009
- 149 Acres
- Located in Strathcona County
- Held jointly with the Nature Conservancy of Canada
Wildlife and Habitat
- Contains wetalands and Aspen Parkland habitat that have a diverse array of plant life and are home to species such as coyotes, elk, beaver and several species of woodpecker, waterfowl and great horned owl.
- Since the acquisition of the property, fencing and old buildings that posed a barrier to wildlife have been removed.
- Located in the Cooking Lake Moraine Natural Area and Prairie Pothole region, which contains numerous wetlands and aspen forest.
- Close proximity to our Golden Ranches and Ministik properties and other protected areas in the region, adding an important habitat link in the Cooking Lake Moraine Natural Area.
Return to Properties page