- Secured in May 2010
- Approximately 1,200 acres held jointly by EALT and Golden Partners
- Located in Strathcona County, between North and South Cooking Lakes
Wildlife and Habitat
- Includes a mixture of mature aspen forest and open grassland that provide habitat for wildlife including white-tailed deer, moose, porcupine, grouse, waterfoul such as bufflehead and a variety of small mammals and songbirds.
- Located in the Cooking Lake Moraine Natural Area and Prairie Pothole region, which contain numerous wetlands and aspen forest.
- Grasslands provide habitat for ground nesting birds.
- EALT works with several partnering organizations to conserve this property.
- Includes nearly 8 Kilometers of North Cooking Lake shoreline, and provides an important link for wildlife habitat in the region.
Return to Properties page