- Secured in November 2010
- 110 Acres
- Located in Parkland County, north of Stony Plain
Wildlife and Habitat
- In the transition zone between the Boreal Forest and Aspen Parkland
regions, and therefore contains a wide variety of plant and animal life.
- Contains dense aspen forest, open grassland, wetlands and a lake.
- Home to a range of iconic Canadian wildlife species, including moose, beaver, coyote, deer, ruffed grouse, a breeding pair of loons and is adjacent to a great blue heron colony.
- Located within the Glory Hills Environmentally Significant area.
- Wetlands on the property are part of a chain of wetlands that help filter and protect our water supply.
The Glory Hills property was secured with the assistance of an Alberta Ecotrust Foundation major project grant.