EALT Spring News Roundup – We’re Proud of our Achievements!
April 19, 2012
The Edmonton and Area Land Trust is always busy, even throughout the winter season, as our latest short news summary describes. We summarise a number of accomplishments and updates, including:
- the exciting news that EALT is a finalist in the 2012 Emerald Awards
- our receipt of a grant from ASRPWF, the Alberta Sport Recreation, Parks and Wildlife
- Foundation, to go towards our Ministik property
- the beginnings of donations from the Development Community, in particular Brookfield Residential, and Melcor
- Winter Wildlife Tracking at our Hicks property
- EALT’s introduction and congratulations by Laurie Blakeman, in the Provincial Legislature
- EALT publications: we have approved a Volunteer Orientation Manual, soon to go online, and have published our Annual Report for 2010-2011
- Marg Reine, EALT’s Chair, was awarded the National Philanthropy Day Award for the Environment
- Congratulations to our volunteers, who besides assisting in the field, help at outreach functions, such as the ALTA 10,000 Villages event, Seedy Sunday, and Canada Water Week event
You can read our April newsletter here.
For those who are interested in joining EALT as a volunteer, supporter, or in other ways, just contact us!